You want to become a world-class GaN-on-Si grower and have relevant experience and education? Do you want to leave the limits of your lab to work for customers world-wide? Do you understand that this may include up to 30 % of your time travelling? You enjoy being part of a small and flexible team and to work with our co-founder and CTO on a daily basis? You don’t hesitate to take over own responsibilities from the first week onwards?
* Work on developing, customizing and transferring ALLOS’ pioneering GaN-on-Si epiwafer technologies for micro LED displays and other advanced optoelectronics applications.
* Your work would typically focus on a small number of customer projects or ALLOS-internal R&D projects in parallel, each of which can take many months or even years to complete. You are part of a team which develops a technology from scratch until maturity.
* Your main work is epitaxy related, like writing recipes, executing and supervising runs and characterization, analyzing results and deriving conclusions.
* For 15 – 30 % of your working days this includes stints on-site in the MOCVD clean room of a customer or partner, where you work on the MOCVD tool yourself, under the in-person or remote supervision by our co-founder and CTO.
* To a larger degree (about 50 %) this includes what we call remote epitaxy work, like supervising and supporting the work of colleagues or customer staff on the MOCVD tool as well as preparing new project stints. “Remote” means hereby that you might work at our office in Dresden, Germany while the MOCVD reactor is at a different location.
* This epitaxy work is complemented with interrelated work like deep-diving into new characterization methods, using statistical methods to generate additional findings, analyzing measurement data and writing patents or investigating alternative materials, methods or equipment.
* Typical projects are executed in very close cooperation or even mixed project teams with our customers and partners in North America, East Asia and Europe. A constant task for you will therefore be to understand the perspective and needs of these customers and partners, to prepare and deliver reports and to participate in meetings on both working and management levels.
* Ph.D., master or bachelor degree in engineering, physics or material sciences
* Knowledge and hands-on experience with MOCVD growth technology and equipment
* Knowledge and experience with compound semiconductors, in particular GaN-on-Si
* Experience with semiconductors device / chip manufacturing and with work in a clean room
* Ideally you have experience with LED development
* You feel at home with data and statistical analysis
* You have experience in patent work and already filed own inventions. If not yet, you can’t wait to do so.
* You are fluent in English and have strong written and verbal communication skills. Additional languages and proven intercultural competencies are very welcome
* You are very proficient with Excel, Powerpoint, Word and online cooperation tools – and we mean very proficient
* You have a diligent and systematic work-style. You like precision, keeping order and thinking things through to the end – because you don’t want months of hard work wasted on the last mile
* You are comfortable to work both by yourself and in a team comprised of people with different industry, education or cultural backgrounds
* You like to travel, to meet new people and to find new keys to success in changing project situations
* You made mistakes before, reflected about them and you are not afraid to make mistakes again
* You will work in an ambitious environment, take on challenges and advance GaN-on-Si epitaxy at the highest level. On a daily basis you will work with and can learn from our co-founder and CTO Dr. Nishikawa, a world-wide recognized expert in GaN-on-Si growth technology.
* You will have an opportunity to use the state-of-the-art MOCVD reactors to achieve world’s best or first results
* You will get hands-on experience in working with a vast array of very capable and ambitious people from a broad spectrum of industries and backgrounds
* We encourage you to present our results and capabilities in conferences
* Huge degrees of freedom to start own R&D initiatives
* Very competitive fixed and variable compensation
* Paid vacation, health care for entire family, public pension and unemployment insurance
* You are working from our office in the beautiful city of Dresden or from your home or travel office
* Possibilities to pragmatically combine work travel with private travel
* Company commitment to balance high-intensity, agile project work with times of normal intensity, more systematic work and additional time-off
To share your application or in case you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.